This recipe shouldn't take more than ten minutes to prepare, in addition to twenty minutes to boil the potatoes. It goes well with steak, but we have no issues eating mashed potatoes without the often superfluous main dish.
- 6 unpeeled Yukon Gold potatoes
- 4 tbsp butter
- ½ cup cream
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add potatoes to a large pot of boiling water.
- Boil until soft, roughly 20 minutes.
- Drain; place in large bowl.
- Tear butter into pieces; throw into bowl with cream and garlic.
- Mash or use a hand mixer if you want creamy potatoes.
- Fold in salt and pepper to taste.
Leftovers store well in the fridge. Reheat them with some additional cream if need be.